Why has my sons account been limited

JSH007
Contributor
Contributor
Hi My sons account has been limited without warning. He requested some fund transferred from coin base (legitimate crypto company) and now can’t access these? He has verified his identity online with a driver’s license but now it reads as though he has to wait 180 days to find out what to do. Can anyone help Thanks John
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JSH007 

Most common reasons for an account limitation are:-

1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not being in the country where you have opened a Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks OR items that violate their acceptable use policy.
8. Using the friends/family option for sales transactions to try and evade Paypal fees and risk of disputes.
9. Violating their acceptable use policy as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

If none of those then...

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JSH007
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for very much for your reply I appreciate it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.