Why does my resolution completion day keep getting pushed back

Jeradpettus
Contributor
Contributor
Why does my resolution day keep getting pushed back it’s been almost a month I need my money I never got the item I’ll never get my money back at this rate
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeradpettus 

Paypal it appears are inundated with claims mainly from buyers that bought tat from these China websites or Social Media ads !
So all claims are being pushed back unfortunately.

As long as yours has been escalated from a dispute to a claim, and is still being reviewed then you have the chance of a refund.
Sadly you will have to wait it out in the long queue though.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeradpettus 

Paypal it appears are inundated with claims mainly from buyers that bought tat from these China websites or Social Media ads !
So all claims are being pushed back unfortunately.

As long as yours has been escalated from a dispute to a claim, and is still being reviewed then you have the chance of a refund.
Sadly you will have to wait it out in the long queue though.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jeradpettus
Contributor
Contributor
So they can just hold onto my $390 for an indefinite amount of time even though they aren’t the buyer or seller that’s quite a business model pay pal has u get the money but don’t pay or provide a good or service nice
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeradpettus 

Yes they can, because they do not ever guarantee you a refund.

If you have purchased from a scam seller or website then paypal will 'assist' you in trying to get you a refund by giving you 'some' buyer protection but to be honest its up to you to risk assess your transactions.

So I would suggest a tad of patience and fingers crossed they can help you.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jeradpettus
Contributor
Contributor
Well see that’s where I disagree with you quoting the pay pal handbook, “ with scammers. PayPal’s Purchase Protection claims that the buyers are protected if: They notice charges on their account that they didn’t make They never receive the item they purchased They receive the order, but the items are notably different from the expected In such cases, PayPal guarantees that you will receive full reimbursement, including any shipping costs. You must file a dispute within the mentioned 180-day period, or within 60 days, in the case of unauthorized charges” I see the words guarantee and reimbursement there in the same sentence it makes me think they are connected
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeradpettus 

Nope they don't guarantee anything.

Try reading your countries paypal user agreement that you agreed to when you opened your account.

There are terms and conditions with everything offered, even credit cards do not 100% guarantee refunds.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

When you buy something from a seller who accepts PayPal, you may be eligible for a refund under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program. When applicable, PayPal’s Purchase Protection program entitles you to coverage for the full purchase price of the item plus the original shipping costs you paid, if any. PayPal determines, in its sole discretion, whether your claim is eligible for the Purchase Protection program. PayPal’s original determination is considered final, but you may be able to file an appeal of the decision with PayPal if you have new or compelling information not available at the time of the original determination or you believe there was an error in the decision-making process.

IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal’s Purchase Protection program does not entitle you to coverage for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Again with the last sentence you 'may' be able to use the return shipping option up to a certain amount only and again only if you have activated the return shipping on us link and only up to a few times per year. 

You seem to not like me quoting paypals err handbook? However if you are using Paypal then what should I quote from if you want the correct facts.

You may not LIKE or DISAGREE with those policies but you can't argue that they are there and you have to abide by them.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/is-paypal-safe-faq1328

Additionally, when you pay with PayPal on any website PayPal Purchase Protection covers you if you have a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described we will help you to get a full refund. We also offer protection for sellers to help protect your online sales and business.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.