Why does Paypal continue to allow Joyui to sell on their platform?

rbroo
Contributor
Contributor
Why does Paypal continue to accept Joyui co Ltd as a seller? Numerous complaints have been posted regarding this company and yet when contacted about this fraudulent company I get the run around - they advertise under other names so the buyer doesn't know it's them until order is placed. They will not cancel the order even if requested immediately after placing it. They will say it's already been shipped!
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rbroo 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rbroo
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email stating that package was shipped using [removed] Upon looking them up on the internet I read that they are a scam company as well! Numerous complaints from PayPal users! All fraudulent - all scammers.

Login to Me Too

rbroo
Contributor
Contributor
Well I understand that it's hard for Paypal to stop all fraudulent companies; however there are numerous posts regarding Joyui co Ltd - all using the same name and with the same complaints - so how can Paypal miss blocking them?? I also read that Paypal knows they are fraudulent but STILL accepts them as a seller!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rbroo 

By the times complaints start rolling in the scam companies have often changed their names and started over.

So if paypal blocked the company they had already ceased trading under that name.

Is the company you were scammed by still trading under the same name or not?

Also they may have millions of sales but only a few thousand claims (most don't file as the items are mostly low cost) so the amount of claims are low in comparison to sales. 

I don't know it as I don't buy from Social Media sites as most is Chinese tat. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rbroo
Contributor
Contributor
FB advertises the remote control aircraft under different names - the ad is exactly the same under each name. The actual seller is not revealed until the order is placed and then it shows up on the receipt! They list a US address under "warranty information" or in the one I fell for they listed an address in the UK - so very hard to tell the actual seller until you place the order and then it's too late!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rbroo 

Which is why I posted in my first post how do recognise these scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rbroo
Contributor
Contributor
I read your list of ways to tell the company is a fraud however in my case I did look up the company listed in the ad and there was no red flag or mention of the real seller. They listed an address in the UK with phone number - all looked legitimate! The actual seller is not revealed until the order is placed! No clue in the FB ad at all!
Login to Me Too

rbroo
Contributor
Contributor
You stated that PayPal does stop accepting payments to a company once enough complaints have rolled in. Yet Joyui has numerous complaints on this platform and yet PayPal is still allowing them to use their site - so when you say they don't continue to support them I don't believe it's true - not with Joyui! Also the carrier they use is also fraudulent but again still shows up!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rbroo 

Is the company still trading under that name?

Can't see them via google, only complaints about the company.

If that is so then paypal maybe have banned them already and they have set up under another name already?

OR if they are still trading then they can have thousands of complaints on here but if they have millions of sales then the % of claims / complaints would be comparatively low. 

Like ebay sellers that have hundreds of negs but are still selling as they have thousands of pos feedback. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.