Why does PayPal make a payment before the item is shipped?

Kitty-123
Contributor
Contributor

My case was closed before I ever provided any proof or the transaction was ever marked as shipped or a tracking number was provided? Is this typical of the pay pal practices?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kitty-123,

Thank you for your post!

It seems that @kernowlass is requesting the detail of the type of dispute that was opened. If the dispute was opened for an unauthorized payment, it could potentially be closed immediately if the system were able to determine that you made the purchase from your trusted device or because of other factors that show you made the transaction.

If you intended to open a dispute for Item Not Received and chose the incorrect dispute reason, you can contact Customer Service for assistance. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for your contact options.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kitty-123 

Are you the buyer or the seller??

Was the dispute escalated to a claim?

Which dispute type did you open?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kitty-123
Contributor
Contributor

I was the buyer and when I checked out there was no other option to pay except by PayPal . It was not escalated to a claim but closed the same day that I made the complaint.

kitty-123

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kitty-123 

You still haven't said which dispute you opened?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kitty-123
Contributor
Contributor

I’m afraid that I don’t understand the question. What specific information are you referring to?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kitty-123,

Thank you for your post!

It seems that @kernowlass is requesting the detail of the type of dispute that was opened. If the dispute was opened for an unauthorized payment, it could potentially be closed immediately if the system were able to determine that you made the purchase from your trusted device or because of other factors that show you made the transaction.

If you intended to open a dispute for Item Not Received and chose the incorrect dispute reason, you can contact Customer Service for assistance. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for your contact options.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.