Why do I need a google play card?

GeminiNette
Contributor
Contributor
No I downloaded the app maked an account gave the person my email PayPal name. I got a notification email of the Erwin sent the money but it’s says something about they security and I gotta pay a $50 google play card .
Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

Charismabajan
Contributor
Contributor
Is there a way to get my money back? They had me buy $250 dollars worth of google play cards. I brought The item they bought from me to the post office already.
Login to Me Too

Queenbbs
Contributor
Contributor
What ended up happening? I'm dealing with the same situation and I'm not sure what to do
Login to Me Too

avecmoi0704
New Community Member

In order for this guy to send me money it says from his app that transaction error $25 google play gift card needed to complete you transaction. 

I don't know if this is scam or what. 

Login to Me Too

Queenbbs
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it's a scam I tried it myself to see what would happen. He asked for $25 on a Google play card first then said another $25 because a certain amount of money being sent needed more credits but he redeemed the money both times and never sent anything. I know it didn't make sense to send money to a card that doesn't really have anything to do with PayPal but took a chance and found out for myself. I don't know why they want to scam people out of $50 for apps and games but they do
Login to Me Too

Thor57me
Contributor
Contributor
Why cant i redeem my vouchers
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avecmoi0704 

This is harsh but if you are so thirsty for this payment, then sending the gift card, you will wait and wait for the money like a sucker. Up to you.

We have told you it is a scam. Check the email address on the emails. It won't be from PayPal. Or send the email to spoof@paypal.com to confirm.

There are those who have called PayPal and were told it was a scam by PayPal and they still went ahead and then come here to say they got scammed. They didn't even believe PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Imightgotscam
Contributor
Contributor
Sucks ! I got scam twice. I should have search it before i bought $50 twice
Login to Me Too

Defe78
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem. I made a payment for the google card and the person disappeared. I really think it's a full-fledged scam and I only get offers like that
Login to Me Too

Imightgotscam
Contributor
Contributor
Me too he says that the transaction cant be completed because the gift card is not enough but i already bought $100 gift card for $4000 transaction.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Imightgotscam 

Why would paypal tell you to buy a rival companies gift cards to do anything paypal related????

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.