Why do I need a google play card?

GeminiNette
Contributor
Contributor
No I downloaded the app maked an account gave the person my email PayPal name. I got a notification email of the Erwin sent the money but it’s says something about they security and I gotta pay a $50 google play card .
Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iamginw0lf 

100% SCAM, they won't send you anything but fake paypal emails that tell you to send the gift card code first before you are paid....you never are.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mel_baldock
Contributor
Contributor
Was his name rob by any chance??? I'm having the same issue, he wants me to get a £50 Google play card to 'receive' the payment. All seems so dodgy.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mel_baldock 

Its an ongoing SCAM, they will send you fake paypal emails telling you that you have to supply the gift card code before being paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ramischjulia
Contributor
Contributor
Please report the guy on instagram he dm me too!
Login to Me Too

AminaMina
New Community Member

He did that with me Too His IG name was : michael_[Removed] and in His bio is the name „rob“ . He asked for my email for paypal. As soon as I told him my paypal went crazy.

Login to Me Too

Simona_diva

So the same guy michael5robert0 find me in instagram and he suggestet to send me a money weekly in a chaange of nothing he came with a story he is from USA but he lives in UK now and he asked me to download a google play chat so we can chat there and a few days after he give me the phone number of his accountant he present his self with a name "Stephan" and phone number 00642108050477 a phone from New Zeland so i recive the same email from Pay Pal and a notification in the app that i recived a payment of 5 000 dollars but i have to buy a google play vaucher with a value 100 $ to release the money SO does anyone here actually did that is there any true in all of this story or its just a scam ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Simona_diva 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Danibaby316
Contributor
Contributor

He is trying to do it to me he has his name as Richard [removed] then he spells his name [removed] on his Google chat trying to say that where he is from doesn't sell Google play cards and I need to get it to receive my 5000 weekly and says he pays 5 other girls the same amount weekly says he owns a company and he is rich and wants to help single mothers and people that r struggling he is ripping people off

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danibaby316 

Doubt anyone would fall for that to be honest? Rich and wants to help single mothers, oh come on !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Danibaby316
Contributor
Contributor
Yoy would thinks huh? But Some people r falling for it! I can't believe it! There are reviews about this same guy. Same everything except his name bc he switches that up. He targets young naive girls and elderly women.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.