Who do you think is that fault for this refund me or the store owner?

apocalypse_game
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a video game on a different website that was not eBay furthermore I listed the game as not knowing if it was real or a high quality and knock off not only just that but I said buyer beware as I do not have a console to test this item I used to sell video games and I had pretty much 274 Nintendo NES video games and snes games I had 627 complete in box with manual included video games. So at one point or another I did have a console this time I did not I sold it during covid so basically I labeled the title is not being sure if it was a legitimate game or not but for the more that's not even what's upsetting in the matter that upsetting part is I sold it for $200 exactly what I paid for it I was told by a Nintendo did the outer casing was legit I have an email explaining that and furthermore I couldn't take the part of the game I couldn't test the game so there's no way to really tell if that was real or not. The owner of this website goes into my account and basically clicks the refund button himself to refund the $200 back to the individual and furthermore yes he's mailing me the item back but did the game work yes it did did the game work as originally intended he said he doesn't know because he's never had one I have I asked him what it did he said exactly what it did and that's exactly what all those games have ever done you have to hit reset if it's misaligned to be able to play correctly you have to put in English from Spanish mood whatever he sent me a picture of the board after he opened it up he did tell me he's a collector Nintendo video games the board I emailed two days ago Nintendo North store cuz I have a buddy who works in the fraud division and he stated until he sees the board he doesn't know but I sent him pictures of the board later tonight when I received them it is a Japanese game that was confirmed an hour ago but the outer casing for the game cartridge are bored or whatever you want to call it is legitimately from the US that being stated this game sells loose by itself $13,000. I knew it to be legit when I sold it to the individual I didn't know it was a Japanese game with the Japanese game goes for about 6 grand by itself that being stated it played in his console but where I'm upset about it all it's the fact that the owner of the website decided to go into my account click refund before I ever had the item and furthermore I labeled it clear as day item is going to be sold as is as I'm not able to check it to verify if it is a real game or a high quality knockoff I only ever got to check the case that being said it I'm going to sell it to you for exactly what it is what I paid for it and furthermore this is what I used to have in my collection so this might put your mind at ease because I didn't buy Junk. So that being said who do you think should initiate the refund should it be me and this circumstances or do you think because owner broke the rules the law everything he should be the one to fork over the $200 to refund this individual? Because I would have never clicked refund had this individual not sent the game back to me furthermore if it was a fake like the claiming it to me like a reproduction I would have refunded them and told him keep the game. That's what type of person I am so in regardless of the situation do you think it is okay for a website owner to click refund whenever he wasn't involved in that transaction at all? And for the more this website you can't even delete your account your profile anything unless you contact the owner which is between you and me illegal I think! I will say this I've sold games to this person before the owner of that website the stuff that he said to me that shouldn't be done on the website he's broken himself he's done that same exact rule and broken it otherwise letting other people get away with it just recently I purchased the game from an individual for $8.99 and the person has three days to send it to you well I purchase it December 3rd I believe and I didn't receive any confirmation on tracking so I contacted the owner several times and I messaged the website owner saying hey I didn't ever get this game or tracking can I get a refund and furthermore the owner and the individual never once message me back to about 4 days ago and barely send me a refund he had wanted me to pay the shipping fees for this item shipping fees are coming out of the purchase of the item. Not only just that but I came out this individual saying hey dude somehow refund was issued I never initiated it so when you get the money can you please send it back to me since you got my game he said he would not I told him I would call the police on him report by Stadium I would make a report this individual wanted to say I was threatening him and no way was I threatening him I just wanted the money for the game let me said I haven't even seen he was a collector of the game was quite funny because I collect video games too had I known for a fact it was real I can almost promise you I would have never sold it for $200 not in any given day especially when it goes for $13,000 Nintendo told me 2 days ago in my email that the other casing is worth probably 1500 bucks just by itself so that means sedated I'm happy you sent it back but I don't think I should have to refund anyone in the matter consider the fact that I never click refund the website owner did by violating my trust and everything by going into my account and freaking refund which is lately disrespectful and illegal so what do you think I should do contact paper or contact that Federal trade.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@apocalypse_game 

He got a refund, you got your game back.

Sadly thats the risks of online selling.

Relist it if you think thats an option?

If the buyer used paypal then paypals buyer protection policy would over-rule your 'terms and conditions' as you agreed to paypals user agreement when you opened your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.