Where is my refund?

HarriedMom
Contributor
Contributor

Today I received notice that multiple charges I disputed are being refunded. Yeah!
But I had temporarily unhooked the credit card on which they were charged from my PayPal account because of the unauthorized charges.

Since receiving the refund message this morning, I have hooked that credit card back up with my PayPal account. But at the time the refund was decided and the refund email issued, the card was not linked to the account.
So where will my refund go? Will it become a credit on my PayPal account?
Or will it be refunded to the card the unauthorized charges were made from - and if this is the case - was the fact I had temporarily unlinked the card from my PayPal account during the resolution phase and only hooked it back up after receiving the "the charges will be refunded" email a problem (i.e. maybe PayPal tried to refund immediately while the card was not there linked to the account and couldn't refund it because of that) 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Sorry to hear this has happened to you @HarriedMom.

Rest assured, the refund will go back to the same card charged even if it was not registered to the account at the time. It may take up to 7 working days to show. 

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Sorry to hear this has happened to you @HarriedMom.

Rest assured, the refund will go back to the same card charged even if it was not registered to the account at the time. It may take up to 7 working days to show. 

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

HarriedMom
Contributor
Contributor

That sounds good, thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

You're welcome. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.