What is PROOF that an Intangible Goods items was "received"??

warrensmailstuf
Contributor
Contributor

So maybe someone can help me out?  I recently lost an $800 claim against me (by a wacko web design client, I’m the Seller here) but I never felt I was able to mount an effective defense because while I had kept asking and asking PP for a clearer definition of terms I never got a clear answer, and my time lapsed. I have called in several times with this new info and been told numerous times now that the case has bee reopened. Only to find that nothing of the sort actually happened!   … it has been a nightmare!

According to the official PP policy on the PP Seller Protection Program / Establishing Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery: proof means that the Item was sent:

1. Electronically to the recipient’s address (email, IP, etc.)

OR  (actually it really should be labeled AND!)

1. Received and accessed by the recipient.

Ok, those are THEIR rules, right.

It seems that PP does not recognize text messages, only proof via emails. All the text messages the customer sent me actually didn’t mean anything to them, in terms of my case. (Ok, I wish they had told me that in the first series of conversations with them, it’s like pulling teeth with these folks!).  It’s supposedly only emails that count. But not just emails SENT but you need proof that the email you sent was actually RECEIVED. Meaning you have to have an email that shows the customer acknowledging that they GOT the email.

Well I did that now, I’ve got proof the item was sent. AND received. But they STILL aren’t reopening my case! Any thoughts or suggestions out there??

I’d sooner battle w/ City Hall than PP! The gubmint, as bad as it is, is actually more transparent and accountable, and less maddening, than PP.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.