What happens when paypal suspects a security breach on your account?

crainey
New Community Member

Had difficulty getting a transaction to go through and was probably impatient and interrupted the transaction a couple times. A number came up from Paypal for me to call and I was told I that I flagged security on my account. They took out a significant amount of my credits stating they would be returned in 60 days. Everything seemed legitimate, but now I am having second thoughts. Can't get a human to speak with me apart from the woman who worked with me on my account. Has this happened to anyone?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi @crainey

Welcome to the PayPal community. We are always happy to have new members. 

Generally, if there are any issues with a payment or you are waiting for funds to be returned to your account we will advise you that it can take 30 days and not 60 days but it could have been the person you spoke to was being over cautious. Have you tried contacting us via chat? I would recommend to try contacting us directly. If you log on to your account and click on the help section you will be given the option to contact us directly. This way you can be sure that you are speaking to PayPal. 

Please let us know how it goes for you as it might help other users with the same question. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.