What happens if a buyer fraudulently and unfairly opens a claim against you from a depop sale?

Smartie2021
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

A buyer has just opened a claim against me from a shoe sale on depop. The item is brand new and authentic and I have images to show this. I clearly state on my depop no returns so I believe the shows do not fit her and she's using unfair excuses to try and get her money back. She at no point messages me on depop about this as I went on there to check my messages and she has blocked me which is even more suspicious. The money is now on hold in my paypal account which is very frustrating .

What usually happens in cases like this? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smartie2021 

If the buyer wins then normally they have to return the item back to the seller first before you issue a full refund (at their own expense but if they have activated the return shipping link that may be reimbursed).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smartie2021 

If the buyer wins then normally they have to return the item back to the seller first before you issue a full refund (at their own expense but if they have activated the return shipping link that may be reimbursed).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.