What can I do?

Hicraig
Contributor
Contributor
What can I do? - I sold a set of wheels which needed refurbed as stated in the ad - I posted the wheels after receiving payment through PayPal - the buyer when received, started a claim for a partial amount because the wheel needed refurbished. - I accepted that I would refund the full amount when I received the wheels back even though they did buy what was advertised. - I received the wheels back but missing valuable canter caps from the middle which cost in the region of £250 for a set. - PayPal returned the money to the buyer - I opened an appeal after a phone call to the help desk saying I hadn’t received everything back. - PayPal have now sided with the buyer as he supplied postage information. What can I do? I’m stuck with wheels that are missing the most valuable part and looks like im out of pocked £80 for delivery and £250 for the centre caps!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hicraig 

Sadly thats the risk with online selling or buying, nothing is ever guaranteed in going your way.

If paypal believed every seller that lost a dispute but said they didn't receive everything back so the buyer wasn't refunded then there would be no buyer protection at all.

All you can do if you have enough proof is a small claims court action against the buyer?  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.