What can I do about Conflicting "Resolution" to Dispute by PayPal?

Cattamaran
Contributor
Contributor

Hello and thanks this is the first time I think I have posted publicly here for help.

We recently had a customer complain of being double billed for one of our items. Only one of those payments reached us, and it was immediately placed into escrow, and a "dispute" lodged, i.e. 'buyer claims to have paid by another means'. 

It was me who suggested to him that he contact PayPal, as we could only see one payment.

The buyer wasn't suggesting we pocketed the other moneys unaccounted for. (that's actually between him an Visa now). But he also wanted his product, telling us he was angry that he'd paid twice, but wasn't getting anything.

Unfortunately, we couldn't provide anything, as his only payment to us was frozen. Beside the ticket in the PayPal Disputes Tab, it said "waiting for buyer reply". Repeated attempts by me to get the buyer to contact PayPal, failed.

Yesterday (24.09.2021), I made the decision to end the dispute by refunding the money and this closed it outright.

PayPal.i1.png

Not ten minutes later, I receive an email (i1) from PayPal claiming the decision as their own, and in a very patronizing tone. My E-comm' biz had never had a dispute in it's 5 years of using PayPal API, let alone a dispute resolved unfavourably. And it's not even true.  This is what I see today when i check (i2). Showing who in fact was responsible for ending the dispute (me), that wasn't even a dispute as such. More a technical failing, which maybe falls outside of the responsibility of PayPal tech. 

paypal.i2.png

Without mentioning any of this to the buyer, today he emails me "Very strange that what appeared in my PayPal login in the resolution centre was different to what you were seeing"

Reading that signalled the end to family fun Saturday, hence my now being seated in the 6 position on a beautiful Sunny Saturday.

Has anyone experienced something similar, did it affect your PayPal Credit Rating? and how did you go about setting the record straight?

Appreciate any and all clarity on the matter.

[Edit] - It's now 3 hours since i posted the above, albeit long winded, question. I have just received a screenshot (below) from the buyer, who is equally confused -

PayPal.Screenshot_20210925-111953.png

However, as far as he is concerned, he never had a dispute:

"Yeah that's a bit strange.
It shows in my resolution centre in Paypal now as a closed case in my favour.
Definitely had no open cases last 2 times I checked. Attached screenshot of what I received in email
Cheers"

PayPal is telling us different things it seems, what am I to do...

Regards,

Guy Saywell

TestoChecker GM | Gordon, NSW, Australia. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.