Was hacked today on PayPal and lost 1500 Euro

ianagorokhova
Contributor
Contributor
So Today at 7 PM 19th of August 2021 someone hacked my paypal and transferred money to unknown contact of Said Bahia in USD as “Friends and family” in total 1500 smth euro!! I noticed the activity couple of hours later (normally I had to get an email notification which has not been done this time!) and reported the unknown access to my account. The PayPal examined the case and came back to me in a couple of hours at night, when I was sleeping! saying the can not refund this money, as they were sent to friends and family without a buyer protection. Not even called me in the opening hours of the customer service!!! I have been a loyal customer of the PayPal for many many YEARS and that’s how you are helping me? I will not let it like this and looking for the legal advice. It’s just unacceptable!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi ianagorokhova, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!  

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.