Want to buy something from PRICELULU but a bit worried about its genuinity

Neher
New Community Member

I wish to buy a product from Pricelulu as it offers the best price. However, I am a bit worried as the website is not very popular and doesn't seem to have a lot of information about it online. The reviews, however, are very good on Google, Trustpilot, Reviews.io, etc. I am worried that I buy the product and it doesn't arrive for any reason or is not working properly, how would PayPal help me? I wish to pay through PayPal as it a safer option and also charges me a small service fee of 5% so was wondering how PayPal would help me incase an issue like this arrive? 

Also, has anyone use Pricelulu before and paid through PayPal?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Neher 

Check its not another one of these.........

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Neher 

Check its not another one of these.........

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Blake99
Contributor
Contributor
Pricelulu, i have had a bad experience with the company when it comes to returning a faulty product, it all went very well up until the point something went wrong and i needed to return a faulty keyboard.  

I lodged my issue with Pricelulu on the 15th September as the keyboard I have purchased from them is not functioning properly. They responded to the first few emails, fobbing me off then they just stopped responding.  I have sent numerous emails, and WhatsApp messages, nobody answers the mobile linked to thier WhatsApp and there is no phone number to contact them.  They even sent a message via another review company asking me to send some details to them.  I did this and they still have not responded.  I am going to have to purchase a new keyboard with an alternative supplier , as there is just no way to contact this company.  In my experience If something is faulty or goes wrong, basically your stuffed.

Login to Me Too

ChrisM123
Contributor
Contributor

WARNING DO NOT USE CHINESE COMPANY NOT UK - Money was taken last year 4th December, NO ITEM and NO REFUND still (as of the 19th Jan 21) Despite many emails, forms and the suggested WhatsApp support I am no further forward. When DPD tried to deliver on Christmas Eve, the issue was that the delivery driver marked the shipment down as 'refused' which it wasn't as no one was on site at that on time of the morning, and they didn't leave a card to let me know they tried to deliver. Pricelulu is waiting to receive the item back in the warehouse in China before deciding whether to issue a refund. The communication is awful, and the whole process will leave you stressed IF you run into any issues, you will feel simply terrible with the responses you receive from the support email address that heads up the customer services.
The company director is someone called <removed>, a Chinese national who has registered a business at companies house called MEAS HOLDINGS LIMITED <removed>. But unfortunately, the whole operation is run out of China, which explains the poor comms and the lack of understanding of DPD and UK couriers in general.
I feel as if once you purchase and hand over your money you better pray for smooth delivery.

Login to Me Too

GillM
New Community Member
I made the mistake of reading the reviews AFTER purchasing🙄 and now I’m worried that the £279 I have just spent with Pricelulu is going to cause me so much hassle. I may have been better off spending the extra £50 and bought it from John Lewis, at least you have peace of mind!! I ordered this item 6 days ago and haven’t even received a confirmation email!!! Beware!!!
Login to Me Too

RMackie
New Community Member

APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE - DO NOT USE THESE COWBOYS. Nintendo Switch ordered in error on 18th Feb 2021. I notified them 1 hour after ordering and well ahead of any dispatch. Order number <removed>. Item arrived a couple of days later and I requested a returns address, via email, to return the item to. This took several emails as they refused to allow me to return the item and encouraged me to just keep it as it would be easier. They have no contact number despite it being on the website- it just rings out a d is never answered. When the returns address was finally given I packed it up and sent it back on the 24th Feb. To date I still have not received a refund with no idea if/when I would receive it. I now have to go through my credit card company to obtain my refund and then on to legal proceedings.

Login to Me Too

ChrisM123
Contributor
Contributor
Words cannot express how frustrated I am. Purchased something from them back in December 2020, it’s now May 2021 no goods and no refund!!!
Login to Me Too

Blake99
Contributor
Contributor

If everything goes OK this site is not a problem, I have had no issues with my iPad.  However I  had to purchase a replacement keyboard with no refund from PriceLulu for a faulty item.  The company does not respond to problems they fob you off with answers (initially) that don't answer or deal with the issue then they just stop responding to emails or Whatsapp. I even tried different mobile numbers to contact them still no response, I am assuming this is because you have to give the order number.  There is no phone number and the address is peculiar, I tried to leave a Google review but it can not allocate it to the address, not sure how they managed to get the positive Google reviews.  I left a negative review on Trustpilot as they say they will respond to negative reviews.  They sent an email asking about the issue, I sent one back with the issue they never responded!  This went on for three months with me trying to contact them with no luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.