WITHOLDING MONEY 180 DAYS IS LOW DOWN AND UNETHICAL

alexandersmoney
New Community Member

80 DAYS IS U

On 5/16/2021 my mother  transferred $400 to my newly set up paypal account. For hours I tried to transfer the money from paypal to my bank account, however I was sent in circles and being told to start over multiple times.

This lasted a total of 12 hours.

Finally I called paypal who told me my account had a hold on it. There is NO valid reason of substance for this hold. The $400 was sent to me from my mother so my two kids can have groceries during covid.

I was told I can have my $400 in 180 days. This is totally insane and wrong, and ethically low down. This is a formal request for PayPAL to send the $400 back to my mother since they will not allow me to access my own money sent to me through paypal from my mother. My kids need to eat now, not in 180 days.

Please send her the $400 back, as we do not have 180 days to wait to buy groceries because paypal wants to abuse its trust and power on a unsubstantiated whims.

You can refund the $400 to my mother who does in fact have a paypal account. Her name and she does have a paypl account. Please send her her($400) money back immediately, like today, and you can also close my paypal account as Idon't need these extra hassles that take food out of my families mouth for no reason.

This whole practice that PayPal is doing is totally wrong and unethical. I will be filing complaints and sending a copy of this letter to the folloowing agencies as well as to hopefully prevent other people from going through this type of unnecessary abuse.

cc
Additionally:
The United States Federal Reserve
http://www.federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov/complaintinfo

The Better Business Bureau:
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

YvonneT2
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get your money back?   

Login to Me Too

IanP8888
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me. PayPal withheld my money. I tried to explain initially I am unable yet to provide my bank statement due to covid restrictions. In spite the effort to explain, the permanently limited my account. I received an email from PayPal that I can withdraw the funds I have on my PayPal account on April 26, 2022, but to no avail. I've sent multiple emails, but no one is replying to my emails. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @alexandersmoney, @YvonneT2, @IanP8888

Thanks for visiting the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear your accounts were limited, and you're having trouble withdrawing. Once your money is available for withdrawal, you will receive an email. If you're still unable to withdraw at that time, please get in touch with Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. You can also reach Support by sending a Direct Message on Twitter or a Private Message on Facebook

I hope you can withdraw soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.