View note email requesting zip code

Frwolf33
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from paypal Credit to view a note and asking to enter a zip code. When I do, it sends an error message. The email looks legit. Does anybody know what this is about ?

thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Frwolf33,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I can see how receiving that email would be concerning to you and I appreciate you letting us know. If you receive any email asking for information or about activity on a PayPal account, the safest way to confirm the email’s validity is to log in to a PayPal account via the PayPal website. Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. Please forward any suspicious emails to phishing@paypal.com and view this web page for more information on phishing emails: How do I spot and report a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website

If see the notification asking for the Zip code in the notifications tab of your PayPal account, please try to update the information by clearing your cache and cookies from your internet browser or try to use a different internet browser or device.

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Frwolf33,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I can see how receiving that email would be concerning to you and I appreciate you letting us know. If you receive any email asking for information or about activity on a PayPal account, the safest way to confirm the email’s validity is to log in to a PayPal account via the PayPal website. Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. Please forward any suspicious emails to phishing@paypal.com and view this web page for more information on phishing emails: How do I spot and report a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website

If see the notification asking for the Zip code in the notifications tab of your PayPal account, please try to update the information by clearing your cache and cookies from your internet browser or try to use a different internet browser or device.

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.