Verified PayPal email?

Ranique
Contributor
Contributor

I have received an email from [Removed]  (Please ignore the spaces, I cannot post the actual email) I am wondering if this is actually PayPal.

Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ranique 

100% SCAM.

You never pay anything to receive payments as a seller, OR to upgrade an account or raise limits.

Any fee is auto deducted by paypal at the same instant the rest of the funds are credited to your paypal account balance.

This is a common paypal scammers trick. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ranique 

An email address is meaningless to use on here plus its against paypal rules to post personal email addresses so it was auto removed.

Always best to just give us a gist of the email content or what has happened for advice.

Leave out any personal info.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ranique
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply and knowledge. The email I was sent explained to me that I need to pay $300 to the buyer for my account limit to be uped. I was sent instructions to do this and to send proof of the transaction to PayPal. The emails were in bold writing, different colours and fonts
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ranique 

100% SCAM.

You never pay anything to receive payments as a seller, OR to upgrade an account or raise limits.

Any fee is auto deducted by paypal at the same instant the rest of the funds are credited to your paypal account balance.

This is a common paypal scammers trick. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.