Vendor won't give money back sent by accident - correct vendor had almost identical name

Temp20230317S
Contributor
Contributor

Accidentally sent money to wrong person, both correct and incorrect vendor had almost identical names, my fault, but vendor won't give money back. There must be a way to correct such mistakes. How do I get PayPal to obtain the money? Bill dispute didn't work. They said it's not a bill dispute.  Not sure about that. Seems when someone is sent money where there was no bill or correspondence is ultimately a billing dispute. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230317S 

Depends on how you sent the funds.

If you sent using goods/services then open a dispute for non receipt of item, as that person has nothing to send you then they should refund or if you escalate you may be covered under buyer protection.

If you sent using friends/family then if the recipient refuses to refund and you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then talk to your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.