Vendor charges my account for services not rendered. PayPal "couldn't" properly resolve situation.

ChrisCommunity
Contributor
Contributor

As I have seen from many users here, I received this common excuse for PayPal failing to properly resolve a simple dispute.

"Thank you for reporting this case. After our review, we found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection."

In summary, a very large company that everyone knows charged me a fee for a product/service I did not request or receive. If an "unauthorized transaction" where PayPal removes money from my financial account -- without my direct consent -- because a company who had my PayPal info on file told them to doesn't fall within the broader classification of "Purchase Protection," then how much more narrow can they make the scope? 

PayPal continues to do millions of dollars of business with the vendor. Why is PayPal ok with vendors who use their service to execute -- in their words -- "unauthorized transactions?"

What's the solution here? Move to one of the numerous other platforms that provide the exact same service? And I've been a customer for decades.... very disappointed.

Another note. I've attempted to post this question OVER TEN TIMES in the last hour. PayPal either says my question isn't descriptive enough, or is too long. Now they "Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again." Give me a break.

Customer Service Fail.

Chris

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisCommunity 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal and see if they will open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChrisCommunity
Contributor
Contributor
Can you clarify? I was disputing an authorized transaction by legal and dictionary definition, however, there was no hacking involved.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisCommunity 

Firstly check here.....

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Secondly it may have been better to have filed a dispute for non receipt of goods or services if they were going to provide nothing.

As  you haven't given clear details of what has happened your best bet is to reach out to customer service for help?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fitboss
New Community Member

Just happen to me last week paying Chris [removed]. Saying he could help me recover my IG account. I sent him 150 and didn’t hear from him again. PayPal didn’t do a damn thing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.