Urgent Help Needed

IheardthatU
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed by a company called doublesell.co.uk.I have put their name here hoping it warns people before making any purchases. I phoned my bank as soon as I suspected a scam. The bank cancelled the visa debit card I had used and sent me another within days. The new card is a Mastercard Visa, so I registered this new card with PayPal and tried to remove the old Visa 'stopped' card but it said there were pending transactions on this card and "please select another payment method before deleting this card" As I have pay in 3 items remaining and the next payment is 21st of June I have been frantic trying to sort this out - the 'robot' help is no help at all and I was losing the will to live trying to communicate with it. I was at a loss what to do other than request an agent's help. No response! Any help asap is much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @IheardthatU,

Thank you for your post, and welcome back to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to remove an old card. It is possible that the card is designated as the payment method in one or more pre-approved payments. You can edit those billing agreements by following these directions. Also, make sure that the new card is confirmed before trying to remove the old card.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IheardthatU 

If the transaction is showing as completed then the seller has been paid upfront by paypal as they normally do and then paypal will wait for your funds to transfer to pay them back.

If they fail to transfer as you cancelled the card then they would put your account into negative until you paid them back again.

You had buyer protection for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described if the company failed to deliver your item as described. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

IheardthatU
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was not very clear in my question because at the time my head was all over the place not helped by PayPal's message robot. I just want to use the card the bank swiftly replaced. The scam transaction was not with PayPal nor was it paid for with them. I came across a company online with a very tempting offer and fell for it! Paid directly with my debit card. I contacted the bank, and they suggested replacing my card immediately and they would send out another card. I then realised I had better change my card details in order to continue payments as normal - it is the same payment method as my other debit card, just with another number. I thought this would be straightforward. It was to add my new card, but I cannot remove the old card! I get the message "Change your method of payment before removing this card" (words to this effect) I thought I had done this, I've made the new card my preferred payment choice, but to no avail. There are no instructions to make this change I used the search engine in addition to reading help pages. Just so tired of it now it seems a simple enough request but proving awful difficult and frustrating. I am really worried about missing a payment when access to my funds is available with my new card in my PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @IheardthatU,

Thank you for your post, and welcome back to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to remove an old card. It is possible that the card is designated as the payment method in one or more pre-approved payments. You can edit those billing agreements by following these directions. Also, make sure that the new card is confirmed before trying to remove the old card.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.