Unrequested payment (maybe scam) ends up costing me $18

Raulillo
New Community Member

I received an unknown payment from an unknown user for $87. Less than 24 hours later the persons files a claim stating that i did not ship the item. But I don't sell any merchandise what so ever. Not sure if this was a mistake or a scam. The system asked me to pay the person back from  MY OWN MONEY (which i did not do!) because the money was stuck in the claim process. Plus i was already charged a 3% so i already was losing money over someone else's error or scam. Finally Paypal decide in favor of the person, gave them back their full money leaving me in the negative plus paypal charged me $15 for the claim process. When I had nothing to do with this. So angry Im thinking of closing my account. How to avoid this in the future?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Raulillo 

If you are ever sent an unsolicited goods and services payment again, contact PayPal immediately and tell them to reverse the payment because it is unsolicited and received in error so that the fees aren’t charged to either parties.

Not sure if the sender purposely sent a business payment to a random just to maliciously cost them money or not but hey some folks have mental problems and want to behave like a j**k.

Perhaps you can speak with customer service now and explain this payment was unsolicited and was received in error but sender disputed before you can do anything. Ask them to reverse the payment and give you a break in transaction fees and dispute fees.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.