Unknown authorization to unknown company.

Folium
Contributor
Contributor

I currently have an authorization to Jagex Limited (-$79.99) and now have 0$ in my current balance, despite having $20 before. I have not completed any transcations with my paypal or debit card during the day the authorization was issued. As far as I know, Jagex runs RuneScape, which I have never touched. However, the payment showed up on my bank provider's transcation history (ANZ) and was named "Paypal * Jagex". Is there any way to resolve this and could I get more information on what possibily could have happened?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Folium,  

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

We are sorry to hear you do not recognize a recent transaction on your PayPal account. Please review this link for information on how to report unauthorized activity on your PayPal account - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-unauthorised-paypal-account-activity--faq19...

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Folium
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying,

I cannot report the case because "you can’t file a case on this type of transaction" since it is an authorization. I have figured out that the total amount taken is 80$, with 20$ taken from PayPal and the remaining 60$ from my bank account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Folium,

If the payment is currently an authorization, you will be unable to dispute this transaction until it has completed. Payment authorizations will generally complete within 7 business days or void out. If the authorization does not complete or void out within 30 days, please reach out to PayPal for further assistance. 

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.