Unknown SP Two LTD transaction

BillyOh
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone come across SP two LTD?  My daughter was almost in tears this morning after receiving a charge for £4.50.  If she wanted to cancel she had to do it through paypal. I saw that SP Two Ltd had planned to take this out weekly.  My Daughter is adamant that she never signed up to anything like this and doesn't know the company.  She does everything through her phone.  I couldn't find a way to cancel this through her phone app.  She uses biometrics to log in and had forgot her password for the desktop.  After a lot of effort on my part with my desktop I managed to help her.  I think I have managed to cancel the payments for her.

I have a few questions.

Does anyone know of SP Two Ltd and their tactics or come across related scams and have a solution?

Why can a person download the paypal app; create an account through the paypal app and not have full access as within the desktop environment to make changes?

Should palpal offer a service to a company like this?

Here are a few related links.  Looks like they have started again.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/sptwo.com

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

<removed>

https://community.giffgaff.com/d/21515803-scam

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

Lewis106
New Community Member
Had same, went on paypal account and cancelled it
Login to Me Too

Robloxresearch
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys I am doing some research into some various youtube videos doing scams. They have been getting kids to fill out offers for free roblox robux. Robux is a currency in roblox the kids game that the kids can use to buy things or progress faster. They typically follow the same format. What I really need from you guys for my research is to ask your child 2 questions. If they play Roblox and if they filled out any offers for free robux or watched free robux stream. I have quite a bit of info about the company doing this but need to be able to connect it to these livestreams. Please don't be mad at your kids for this, they are 100% taking advantage of them. This currency can only be bought with real money not earned in game so it would be hard to resist as a child and the charges are all in small print.  It doesn't appear i can put my email but I will receive one if you reply to me, Thank you so much for your help!

Login to Me Too

stefanwoods1973
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have had this problem as well. I have cancelled the payments and opened a dispute with PayPal. I will also be getting in touch with trading standards as I did not authorise payments to this company. It just goes to show that your finances are not safe anywhere. Stefan
Login to Me Too

Moo1984
New Community Member
Me too exactly the same and same amount of money
Login to Me Too

Kmac36
Contributor
Contributor

the same thing is happening to me. i did not sign up to this company and neither have i received any goods or acs and refunding me. ive no idea why paypal would be involved with this crew but it started the minute i used paypal to purchase something from wowcher. 

this seemed to trigger a lot of problems. as well as sptwo. there was a company called OLASDOTCO who took from my account and then there was Adtranquility who also took cash, twice.  All of these were reported to my banks fraud department and i advised paypal too. i feel it is the fault of them and wowcher, who also charged me for being a vip customer. I didnt even click, i hovered but that was enough. i was now a VIP membe,r, was charged for this and they now email me everyday. To add salt to the wound the item i ordered from them wont arrive until around 28th of this month. what a mistake i made ever opening wowcher's email. it has caused me nothing but trouble. my advice watch out for wowcher!  

Login to Me Too

Temp20221027Z
New Community Member
I cancelled the payment this morning and less than an hour later they took another £4.50!!! The bank cant stop these payments either so I have removed my bank card from my paypal account. I am going ring the company to get answers n hopefully my money back.
Login to Me Too

Emilym123
I got charged the exact same amount, gladly I checked my emails because it was reoccurring billing every week I had to call the number to cancel it/unsubscribe to it then I contacted pay pal about this because it was unauthorised, now I am just waiting for a refund
Login to Me Too

CindyG3
New Community Member
I’ve just had this.. luckily have 2 factor authentication and biometric approval but in concerned this was set up in my PayPal account as a recurring payment to come off on 21st Nov.. I was able to cancel it - who are they and how did they get my PayPal info ? I’ve now also changed passwords…
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @CindyG3 and everyone! 

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized recurring payment. Recurring payments are created when a purchase is made through a merchant. Before hitting submit on the payment, the person checking out is presented with terms for the recurring payment agreement. However, they can also be set up when registering for a trial period with a website. Some merchants will offer the trial period and then set the recurring payment to debit after the trial ends. If you haven't signed up for any trials recently or remember making any payments, I recommend filing an unauthorized dispute. Within the dispute, please indicate that the initial transaction or creation of the recurring payment was not authorized. I also suggest resetting your password and running a virus/malware scan on all of your devices. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Nothanks20
Contributor
Contributor

The company director is Jonathan [removed], he is director of 11 different companies registered from the same address.[removed]. There's 394 companies registered at that address with only 52 being legitimate! Xx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.