Unknown SP Two LTD transaction

BillyOh
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone come across SP two LTD?  My daughter was almost in tears this morning after receiving a charge for £4.50.  If she wanted to cancel she had to do it through paypal. I saw that SP Two Ltd had planned to take this out weekly.  My Daughter is adamant that she never signed up to anything like this and doesn't know the company.  She does everything through her phone.  I couldn't find a way to cancel this through her phone app.  She uses biometrics to log in and had forgot her password for the desktop.  After a lot of effort on my part with my desktop I managed to help her.  I think I have managed to cancel the payments for her.

I have a few questions.

Does anyone know of SP Two Ltd and their tactics or come across related scams and have a solution?

Why can a person download the paypal app; create an account through the paypal app and not have full access as within the desktop environment to make changes?

Should palpal offer a service to a company like this?

Here are a few related links.  Looks like they have started again.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/sptwo.com

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

<removed>

https://community.giffgaff.com/d/21515803-scam

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

Nothanks20
Contributor
Contributor

This company is scamming an awful lot of people! It is shameful it is being allowed. The company director is Jonathan [removed], he's the director of 11 different company's that are registered from this address. [removed]. Check it out on company house website on .gov website and report it. Contact your bank and they will reverse the payment for you x

Login to Me Too

BillyOh
Contributor
Contributor

From what I understand there was an option to reply to a previous text with STOP or something like that in the text message from them.  In my daughters case the option was to cancel/ stop payments through paypal.  This is not fair as the first payment has already been taken.  

Login to Me Too

Nothanks20
Contributor
Contributor

Contact your bank it's fraudulent and report them, Jonathan [removed], [removed] He's director of 11 different companies, all of them are scamming people.

Login to Me Too

Nothanks20
Contributor
Contributor
This is PayPals fault for allowing it to happen. You are protected under the financial ombudsman service.
Login to Me Too

Emski-_-
Contributor
Contributor
My daughter has had the same issue, 2 transactions with the same payment reference number although slightly different payment names. I was going mad asking where she has entered her bank details, adamant she hasn’t used it anywhere other than Ali express, she deleted her PayPal account in January so now we are reinstalling because she likely deleted the app but didn’t actually shut her account. Trying to stay patient, one day I’ll be 80 and she will be losing it trying to stop me getting scammed 🤣 At least it appears she is not the only one, will update if we hear anymore.
Login to Me Too

BillyOh
Contributor
Contributor
I would hope paypal would do something about this. My daughter never gave out her account details. PayPal say they are ony the mediator or the facilitators for transactions. I thought they were a security layer to help prevent people being scammed. I hope they do something and not wash their hands.
Login to Me Too

Emski-_-
Contributor
Contributor
How have this company got hold of our kids account details? My daughter has never even used PayPal to buy something but registered her card so that she would be able to in the future. Do we have any idea how they managed to get our kids info? My daughter has only used her card online once.
Login to Me Too

BillyOh
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know how it is done; but paypal have the account details and somehow this SP Two LTD scammed an agreement from your daughter.
Login to Me Too

Emski-_-
Contributor
Contributor
Sooooo UPDATE!!! I emailed the company threatening police action - she is under 18 and as a goodwill gesture they are refunding £4.50, the second charge I haven’t heard back from yet. I have also made a SAR - subject access request under which they must provide all personal information, communications etc held about my daughter. They have 10 days to comply, I will update when I hear further from them. Apparently she entered a quiz with a 7 day cancellation???? Thieving scum!
Login to Me Too

BillyOh
Contributor
Contributor
My daughter is 17 also. Any progress
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.