Unknown SP Two LTD transaction

BillyOh
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone come across SP two LTD?  My daughter was almost in tears this morning after receiving a charge for £4.50.  If she wanted to cancel she had to do it through paypal. I saw that SP Two Ltd had planned to take this out weekly.  My Daughter is adamant that she never signed up to anything like this and doesn't know the company.  She does everything through her phone.  I couldn't find a way to cancel this through her phone app.  She uses biometrics to log in and had forgot her password for the desktop.  After a lot of effort on my part with my desktop I managed to help her.  I think I have managed to cancel the payments for her.

I have a few questions.

Does anyone know of SP Two Ltd and their tactics or come across related scams and have a solution?

Why can a person download the paypal app; create an account through the paypal app and not have full access as within the desktop environment to make changes?

Should palpal offer a service to a company like this?

Here are a few related links.  Looks like they have started again.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/sptwo.com

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

<removed>

https://community.giffgaff.com/d/21515803-scam

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

Temp20240308BC
New Community Member
I'm having the same problem. I've sent a message to the citizens advice bureau about it but how did you manage to cancel the payments? What websites did you use? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Emski-_-
Contributor
Contributor
See my updated reply on this thread, I have a goodwill gesture of £4.50 being refunded. 😊 getting somewhere but the fight isn’t over yet!
Login to Me Too

judyshadbolt
Contributor
Contributor
Theyd taken £31.50 before my husband queried it with me. On my EE bill!! So I'm trying to get a refund for it. I certainly didnt sign up to Sp2ltd!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @judyshadbolt,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know about the unauthorized transaction on the account. Please report the transactions right away by following the steps in this Help Center Article. Once you report the transactions, our concerned team will investigate and get back to you with the results. Before you proceed, make sure to cancel the subscription, if you find any from this merchant by following the steps from the link. If you need any help or face any issues during the process, kindly reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly. 

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Briar8
I did that and was told that there wasn't any unauthorized use!
Login to Me Too

DemigodAU
New Community Member
How about this, theres a major issue with this scamming merchant many have complained easy way to solve this as its an obvious scammer that had access to your inner workings of paypal since it can authorise without consent, this is a security issue. Ban the merchant, problem solved, I'd suggest do it soon or later before PayPal finds them self in legal woes with releasing personal information
Login to Me Too

BillyOh
Contributor
Contributor
Payments were being made through PayPal. I managed to get into my daughters PayPal account and canceled it there.
Login to Me Too

908ı
Contributor
Contributor
if you taught meef to cancel the purchase please reply because i suffer from the same problem
Login to Me Too

IHE110
Contributor
Contributor
I just discovered that it had been charging 4.50 every week for two months and I hadn’t noticed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.