Unfixed loophole to purchase items with successful refund

shizzzon
Contributor
Contributor

Please be aware anyone accepting payments- PayPal already knows about this as I've been on the phone with them in the past. I'll post their response later below. Scam works as follows- Once seller provides tracking, the buyer pays the carrier to reroute the package to alternate address. Once delivered, buyer reports item not received. Reroute address does not match original address, therefore seller loses. The first time we had this happen, we provided proof we shipped to address on file. PayPal 1st excuse- we cannot prove who rerouted the package, us or them. PayPal 2nd excuse- I cannot remember the exact word they used so I'll use reroute. They said, if this were true, the tracking info would say rerouted, not forwarded ( it does say forwarded). This scam has happened more than once. Their policy assumes wrong terminology from the carrier service. Due to this loophole, ANYONE can now scam via PayPal by being able to use 2 addresses and doing this trick. We are withholding tracking numbers to customers until further notice to prevent theft and we encourage anyone else to do the same. This loophole has been going on for at least 1yr and needs to be brought to light publicly if It ever is going to be fixed.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.