Under 18 account opened

alessdp128
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have opened an account for child in error, obviously under 18. Trying to verify account with Birth Certificate etc.

Can get a coherent answer from paypals automatic response?

How can I get some relevant answers? Apart from calling>

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alessdp128 

The account will eventually be closed down. Write a letter saying the account was opened in error, that account holder is under age, pdf it. Include copy of birth certificate, too. Upload to the document request.

A minor can use a parent or guardian’s PayPal account under the adult’s name and financials so an adult can supervise use and be responsible for whatever happens.

You can reply to the automatic support response requesting to speak with an agent, too. Then they’ll put you in the queue for next available agent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alessdp128 

The account will eventually be closed down. Write a letter saying the account was opened in error, that account holder is under age, pdf it. Include copy of birth certificate, too. Upload to the document request.

A minor can use a parent or guardian’s PayPal account under the adult’s name and financials so an adult can supervise use and be responsible for whatever happens.

You can reply to the automatic support response requesting to speak with an agent, too. Then they’ll put you in the queue for next available agent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

alessdp128
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that,

In the chat section it always says "All our agents are currently offline. Please try again during business hours."

Paypal keeps directing my to the resolution centre, eveytime I send a message through there. I will try again with the PDF letter.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.