Undelivered items and no support from Pay Pal dispute process

DwightC
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchase an item from or via pay pal and the item never got delivered. I file a dispute with pay pal that was denied faster than I could dispute it. I have attempted on several occasions to make contact with PP to talk to someone with no luck. Have any of you found a way to contact a real person at paypal.? My next step is to file a criminal complaint with my credit card company and the police. 

United States
Have you received this order? - NO
LW528395655CN
March 9, 2020, Sent by <removed>
Category
Clothing- this is wrong it was a mechanical part used to lift a car.
Transaction ID
78M81276AH870841M
Seller info
Invoice ID
c12266826530951.1
Purchase details
MOBILE SCISSOR LIFT
$93.70

Total

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @DwightC. Sorry for what happened. If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back. You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute.  If you feel the transaction was unauthorized, please visit our Resolution Center to file an unauthorized transaction dispute. There are 2 kinds of disputes you can refund to you or help with a return. If you've tried working with your seller, but still need to file a dispute, here's how: Go to the Resolution Center. Click Report a Problem. Select the reason for your case and click Continue. *The Resolution Center is not currently available on the PayPal mobile app. You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute, PayPal will review it and decide the outcome. If we need additional information from you, or need you to take action, we will email you. You can check the status of your dispute at any time in the Resolution Center. You can manage your dispute in the Resolution Center. Also please respond in a timely manner. Please take note that if you sent your payment as a personal payment, this transaction cannot be disputed. Hope this will help you. Stay safe. If you find my reply helpful, please click the like sign to let us know that it works for you.😊
Login to Me Too

Churchil_G
Contributor
Contributor
do not 'like' Paypal response before actually trying them. Thay are part of the scam. This answer leads no where they will never resolve anything for you. I know, I've been there and tried. They keep leading you to a dead end!
Login to Me Too

shadowspirit001
New Community Member

I've been going around and around with PayPal, there is no viable phone number you can actually speak with someone. Just a loop that will automatically know your phone number that you are calling from and then it will say there is no current phone support for your case??

I've sent multiple chat copies to them over the past month only to see that they close them in the middle of the night. I've sent attached files proving that my tracking number package was sent to another name and another home address and yet Paypal refuses to look at them. My package was supposed to be a Powerwasher but the seller(scam artist) sent a 1.2 pound box that UPS has a picture of to some one else. The seller then put a tracking number that he uses multiple times and attaches to big selling items so Paypal will only see the receiving address and claims it was properly sent but UPS proofed that it went to another person and another address NOT MINE.

Login to Me Too

Yanicsgirl
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me!!! Stupid PayPal doesn’t read properly, clearly!
Login to Me Too

ksalbino
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is quick to resolve disputes without investigation. My dispute was marked resolved without further investigation just because the seller sent them a tracking number that says the package was delivered. I contacted UPS for further investigation and they were able to provide me the ADDRESS where the seller sent the package to. He sent the package in the same city that I live in but not the address that was stated in my Paypal account. Thank goodness that it is only ~$20 purchase but I will never TRUST Paypal anymore. Their resolution center is worse than subpar. And I tried locating the escalation button as was mentioned by a Paypal employee in your post and it is nowhere to be found. Hmmmm I wonder!

Login to Me Too

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @ksalbino. Sorry that you feel that way. If the Resolution Center didn't work for you, you can still get in touch us via chat for further of your case. Here is how it works. You must login to your PayPal account and go to your Message Center wherein you can find the Chat Support option in which you can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal Twitter: @AskPayPal If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience. All for the best, hope this helps. Stay safe. ***** If you find my reply helpful, let us know by clicking the like sign below.😊
Login to Me Too

rockdiesel65
Contributor
Contributor
OMG! I was just told the EXACT same thing from PayPal. My package was NEVER delivered so I called UPS directly and they said that the tracking number was linked to a woman in the same city as who made a purchase through Amazon. I did not order my item through Amazon nor am I a woman. The seller, obviously, committed fraud and PayPal is allowing that kind of behavior. If they would’ve taken the 10 minutes it took to inquire with UPS they would’ve realized the same thing I did. But, they choose to protect the scam artist seller instead of those of us who are victims and can actually provide proof that we were scammed. Shame on you PayPal I’m done using you as a payment method. You showed how little you care. “ This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered.” The seller gave you the SAME fraudulent tracking number they gave me and YOU are just too lazy and unprofessional to do the proper investigation.
Login to Me Too

coless715
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a saw via Facebook advert. Played with PP . Never recieved item . Disputing it. But now they're asking me to return item before I get a refund. Which I've not recieved.Nightmare just cant get any where it.
Login to Me Too

1jrowner
New Community Member

Same issue. I ordered a baseball bat. Received a UPS  tracking number but no detailed receipt. UPS delivered (not to my house) I followed up and it was an office building in my same city signed by some random person. I called UPS and they confirmed the tracking number was not for me or my address. Disputing currently. I've shown the weight of the item shipped (half the weight of the baseball bat), an email from UPS customer service stating that the tracking number doesn't link to my name or address and the fact the sellers phone number doesn't work and no email responses. The sellers only response is post the fake tracking number to show delivery to someone in a city of 2 million (no actual address). No other comments, explanation or dispute of my claim. If the seller wins the dispute with that one thing and it's that easy to win the dispute maybe we all should start doing that? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.