Unclear account blocking

gradacpgi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there.

please can someone give me some advice about the following thing that happened to me.

Namely, my colleagues and I created a photo organization, one of whose activities is the organization of international online photo exhibitions. For these purposes, I opened a PayPal account because through it various participants paid me membership fees for participating in those exhibitions.
while I was waiting for my credit card to be created at the parent bank, I received a couple of payments from various authors to the newly created account. Since then, chaos has started with Paypal. Without any communication with me (to ask me what I do, who I am, why I receive payments, who pays them, why I didn't connect a single bank card with the newly opened account...) they send me an email that the account is blocked for 6 months and that the funds are unavailable to me during that period.

To note, the funds were not too large and that is not a problem for me. The problem is that, after 6 months, PayPal calls again by email and says that the account is permanently suspended!!!
Since then there is no way for me to get in touch with them.
This is really shameful how they treat their customers.

I am asking for some advice, what to do, if anyone has had a similar experience.
Thanks & Regards ,
Gradac PGI.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gradacpgi 

Unfortunately if you set up a business account and start accepting payments without verifying your paypal account first then Paypals security would see your account as high risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gradacpgi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

@kernowlass 

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, that makes perfect sense to me that they treat accounts like that and I am aware of the mistake I made by receiving payments before verification.
But why can't I get in touch with them now, tell them and show them what they are interested in, check me out, see what I do and then make a decision again what to do with my account.

Of course, all this with normal mutual communication.

Regards!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gradacpgi 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.