Unauthorized transaction and someone close my paypal account FRAUD

emmyliaaziz
Contributor
Contributor

Unauthorized transaction and someone then closed my paypal account. So when i reopen the paypal account, unable to make dispute as no activity is recorded.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emmyliaaziz

Correct, when you reopen or open a new account with the same email address, it won’t include the previous transaction history.

Sweep your device for malware.

If unauthorized transaction was paid with credit card, you may do a chargeback with card company. Otherwise, money gone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emmyliaaziz

Correct, when you reopen or open a new account with the same email address, it won’t include the previous transaction history.

Sweep your device for malware.

If unauthorized transaction was paid with credit card, you may do a chargeback with card company. Otherwise, money gone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

emmyliaaziz
Contributor
Contributor
So from Paypal, there is nothing i can do?
Login to Me Too

Angie__47
New Community Member
I don't have any Crédit 💳 cards at all. I haven't had a 💳 credit in the past 20yrs.
Login to Me Too

Travis38
Contributor
Contributor
With a new account that has the same email address.Perform a chargeback on the transaction. How do you do a charge back?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

Hi @Travis38,

Thanks for responding back here in the PayPal Community!

It sounds like you need some help with filing a chargeback dispute. Chargebacks are going to be dispute cases opened by a banking institution or card-issuing bank. This type if case is not filed from your PayPal account. The bank will create a case and then communicate the data to PayPal. PayPal will cooperate with the bank's request and provide any information needed for their investigation. Please note, filing a chargeback dispute does not automatically mean you will be refunded. The decision is at the bank's discretion since the case is open through them. It would be best to contact your bank for some guidance. 

I hope you find resolution soon!

Thank you,

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Angie__47
New Community Member
Resolution center wont handle this dispute or pending unauthorized transaction
Login to Me Too

cityzoe10
New Community Member
the same thing just happened to me…i called opened a dispute, and i’ve received an email about my case saying there was no unauthorized use. i’m truly furious with this company, i want my money back that i didn’t even spend.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.