Unauthorized purchases from unknown devices

IDK84
New Community Member
So far someone has been able to use my PayPal account twice to make a purchase. I keep changing my security info and password but somehow someone is still able to make purchases without me knowing until it's too late. Looks like there would be an option to only be able to make purchases from a specific device. I've removed probably 10 unknown devices from the list and yet somehow it keeps happening. Then PayPal tells me they can't help with the transaction and to contact the seller. Which is hard to do when they're closed for a holiday. Any tips on how to keep this from happening?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @IDK84,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I am so sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be frustrating. If you have not already done so, I would suggest you run anti-virus software on your device. If you are changing your password and security questions, but there are still unauthorized logins to your PayPal account, it would suggest your device may be compromised. 

Once you have done this, please follow the steps here to report any unauthorized activity on your PayPal account. 

If you have any further concerns please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.