Unauthorized charge by Meta

YankeeP
New Community Member

I’m trying to understand a charge by Meta Platforms, Inc. I was booted off FB and Instagram and charged just under a hundred dollars by Meta with no authorization from me. When I try to see about sending them money it needs to change funds to Euros. Seems odd since Meta is based in California. Anyone have a clue what’s going on?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Narendar1
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @YankeeP 

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forums! I completely understand your concern regarding Meta charges. Before we progress further, have you checked to see if this is an subscription payment. If you do not recognize the charges, you can report them. For more details on these charges, you can contact the merchant before you report the transaction. For more details, you can login and contact us so we can assist you further. Thank you! Stay safe and stay strong. 

Narendar1 

Login to Me Too

Temp20231228A
Contributor
Contributor
How do you find the merchant responsible? My information just says meta platform
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Temp20231228A

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized charge to Meta that's showing on your account. When you open the payment within your PayPal Activity, you may be able to see more details. If not, I suggest reaching out to Meta directly. Most commonly, if it's an automatic payment, it's through either Facebook or Instagram. If needed, you can learn how to cancel automatic payments on our Help Center by visiting this article

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

crockclient
Contributor
Contributor
Meta platform inc are fake company whom most probably hacked your ads manager and from there hacked PayPal and started charging you on things you never received. I have the same problem and they took 1891 $ since sep 2021 till jan 2023. i complained paypal but they insisting that this company is the real facebook owner. they are not helping at all
Login to Me Too

MichelleVickers
New Community Member
I live in UK and had an unauthorised payment from Meta Platforms taken from my account. PayPal are not doing anything, said it was authorised!
Login to Me Too

WC2023
New Community Member

This has just happened to me too - Just questioned it.  See if they will do anything

Login to Me Too

reyaldwin
Contributor
Contributor

I also got this problem. 

I got different currency charged by this fake Meta merchant. 

Paypal, please help me refund the amount.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @reyaldwin 

Thank you for writing in the PayPal Community Help and welcome!

Sorry to hear about the unauthorized Meta charges in your account. I know this can be concerning! No need to worry! PayPal protection policy covers you with all confirmed unauthorized transactions. You can always report any unauthorized transactions in the resolution center of your PayPal account. Before reporting the payment, please make sure to check your billing agreement payment as this charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past.

Here's how you can check the signed up billing agreements/automatic payments in your account : How to view and update automatic payments

Here are the steps to report the unauthorized transactions in your account : How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity

Once you report the transaction, PayPal will investigate it and update you the details via email within 10 days. 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

reyaldwin
Contributor
Contributor

But how can they fix it if they already closed my case/concern.

Please hellpl.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.