Unauthorized activity.

Leeaqua
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, How do I contact PayPal about unauthorized activity on my account? I received several emails from PayPal informing me that my password had been changed and also my card had been removed and a new card added. When I try to go through to the resolutions centre it only gives me the option to report unauthorized transactions not any other suspicious activity. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leeaqua 

Has that happened on your account? Or was it a spoof email?

If there is a new card remove it and then change your password and security questions again.

Also contact customer services and your funding sources bank or cards.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Leeaqua
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for your reply. Yes it happened on my account, at first I thought the emails were fake but then on checking I couldn’t log into my account. I changed my password so I could log in and sure enough my cards had been removed and a new card had been added! It’s really weird as you would think if someone has hacked your account they would do it to make purchases on your card, but there were no transactions! I hadn’t thought of trying to contact PayPal through fb I’ll do that now, thanks! Your help is much appreciated, thanks again.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Chase

Hi @Leeaqua and @kernowlass,

Thank you for your posts! I'm very sorry to hear your account was compromised, and information was changed. You can report unauthorized transactions and activity here. I'm glad to hear you're reaching out through Facebook. In addition, you can reach out to us by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.

I hope this helps!

Chase

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.