Unauthorized Transaction from Airbnb payments UK Limited Fraud

Vicky_NYC2SYD
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody received an unauthorized transaction to Airbnb payment UK Limited for Airbnb accommodations you did not make? Paypal removed funds from my PayPal account and sent in a payment request to my bank via routing numbers. The customer service agent wouldn't classify this transaction as fraud and kept saying it was a dispute and that I had a "billing agreement" with Airbnb as a reoccurring payment. Funds have been removed from my PayPal  account and payment request was made to my bank via routing number. Has this happened to you? How much was taken? Date when occurred? Did PayPal support you in your claim of fraud?  TIAPaypal Community.pngPayPal community 2.pngPayPal community 3.pngPaypal community 4.pngPaypal community 5.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vicky_NYC2SYD 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vicky_NYC2SYD
Contributor
Contributor
I did turn off this hidden feature. Now going back on all my transactions with Airbnb. As PayPal decline my first claim to report this unauthorised transactions as fraud.
Login to Me Too

temp20220624_a
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Vicky, did you get this resolved?

The same thing has happened to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.