Unauthorized Purchase

FAC1
New Community Member

Is it normal for paypal to completely tell you that they reviewed your case but aren't going to do anything about it because I apparently sent up a billing agreement with the merchant, what is it that I can do to tell them that I did not agree to this because I have contacted the merchant multiple times and they have no record of the purchase linked to my account. There is no reciept there is nothing but the money taken out of my bank without my knowledge or consent and I don't even get the service that I supposedly payed for is there any way that I can overturn this decision or am I just meant to accept the fact that money was taken from my account without my knowledge and without any record from the merchant (btw the merchant is apple if that is of any relevance and yes they could not find anything of said purchase)

Much help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @FAC1,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear what has happened. I do understand your concern.

When you make a payment with some merchants, they will sign you up for an automatic payment. This means they can charge you for their services without you having to enter your details each time. I would advise you to click here to cancel any automatic payments you don't regularly use. 

Unfortunately, we don't consider automatic payments as unauthorized. This would be why your dispute was denied. I would suggest you contact the merchant directly to request a refund. As they have charged you, they will have the option to issue a refund.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.