Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

cOr10pms
Contributor
Contributor

I had five payments taken by Paddle.com on May 4th, BIG payments of more than £50 each. I have no idea who this company is and certainly didn't authorise it!!!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Adam1

Hi @cOr10pms, thanks for posting to our Community! I’m sorry to hear there’s an unrecognized transaction and I’m glad you contacted us. Before we progress further, have you checked to see if this is an unrecognized billing agreement payment?

Here’s some information on how to locate your preapproved payment agreements: 
We have more information about how to cancel a preapproved payment agreement here:

If you still do not recognize the transaction and want to report it as unauthorized, please make sure you update your password & security questions and report any unauthorized activity to us. Don’t worry, we offer full protection for confirmed unauthorized transactions. We may take up to 10 business days to review any unauthorized claim and we’ll send you an update via email.
Here's how to report potential fraud
Here's how to report a billing issue
Learn about secure password tips here

I hope that helps! -Adam

Login to Me Too

Ninja2021
Contributor
Contributor

for me I believe the Paddle.com charge was for NordVPN

Login to Me Too

ROODBWOI69
New Community Member

paypal you need to stop this malicious company they may be a third party company but they still as any company have to uphold policies through the FCA (same goes for you PAYPAL) to protect their customers i have never bought or even heard of this company before i saw a strange recurring subscription on my paypal if they allow fraudulent acts to go through their company and YOU PAYPAL also allow them to breach your customers rights then you are just as fraudulent have opened a case twice now and they tell me that the transaction WAS NOT UNAUTHORIZED that is utterly not true all you need to do is simply google search paddle.com or paddle.net and see how many people are being scammed through this company they even have a youtube that i have reported and i suggest everyone do the same if paypal wont deal with this ill take matters into my own hands and just remove my card from paypal because they failed to do their only job which is safe online banking and business transactions they literally dont have any other function on this website so to compromise the security of it all is to compromise everything they stand for.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Login to Me Too

cappo40
New Community Member

Ah ha! It was for GeoGuessr, thanks for the heads up.

Login to Me Too

doric78
New Community Member

Hi,I just had a payment to paddle from paypal.I have blocked auto payments to paddle twice  how can they continue taking payments out

Login to Me Too

hitekmaster
Contributor
Contributor
Mine was for $57 - impossible to get reimbursed. Paypal just igmores it.
Login to Me Too

apexhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, paddle.com just charged me 41 bucks and set up automatic payments every year without my knowledge.  This is a bad company and i'm worried about PayPal's security.  I've been using them for a long time and never has a company been able to charge me with out my knowledge.  

Login to Me Too

apexhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal was able to return my money from paddle.com, but I hope they will black list the merchant in the future.  

Login to Me Too

Mbianca
Contributor
Contributor

I found a fix. Call your credit card company and proceed with a charge back. Major credit card companies will help. If this truly was not you, remove all your cards and bank details from PayPal to avoid this in the future. It is possible that your card was frauded using this 3rd party company but keep in mind you can reach out to them and request further information about your transaction and they should respond fairly quickly with that this payment is about.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.