Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

Cb410
Contributor
Contributor
I had this too but with 5€ can PayPal block this site or warn for it
Login to Me Too

They should block it or at least help us sending the money back to us. In a bank they always help with this unauthorised payments .
Login to Me Too

Givemoneyback
New Community Member
There were two charges made to my card PayPal that were unauthorized one charge was for $9.97 in the other one was for $7 both of these charges were done August 1st at 1:18 a.m. in the morning they were not authorized by me and I would like to have my money returned.
Login to Me Too

jvision
An unauthorized purchase was just made by paddle.com costing me $65! PayPal, the first complaint of this dates back to over 1 year ago. Why is this still an issue and please get me refunded ASAP! And you wonder why the stock is dropping (I might have to sell off too, but let’s see how you can handle this). Clearly, there’s issues with paddle.com
Login to Me Too

Chanman117
Contributor
Contributor
CHECK YOUR EMAIL i just saw charges from them aswell and couldn't figure out where it came from and contacted paypal. checked email i used to sign up and saw the names of the company that charged me and yes they were both things i approved
Login to Me Too

Chanman117
Contributor
Contributor
it could be a different email from paypal one look through all search paddle and it should pop up
Login to Me Too

Where do you have to do this In PayPal? However They should give us a full refund it’s a fraud and they should help.
Login to Me Too

cinglestar
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same thing - a company called Outbyte PC Repair charged my account and I never approved it.  When I try go to the website it says website blocked due to PUP.  I have never heard of this company, I have not been traveling to the UK which is where the charge originated and would not buy PC repair services from a country outside of the US.  If paypal is allowing companies to use its platform to rob people then they are complicit in the crime.  This needs to be investigated.

Login to Me Too

Jojobobododo
Just checked my automatic payments and Paddle.com is not even on there?! Why are so many people having an issue with this payment and PayPal refused to resolve the issue.
Login to Me Too

br0kelife
New Community Member

ive never even been to that website or anything though so how do I even subscribe to it. don't even know what it is. it seems like over 400 people have the the same issue, so it couldn't be us. PayPal should give us the money back I mean come on!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.