Unauthorised payment made to <Removed> company ( Scream Limited) Gift cards purchased

Kostja123
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings. I am seeking any advice, how to solve my issue.

Greetings. Somehow my Paypal account was accessed without my authorization.

Someone started buying Gift cards from  Shopto.net.  

My account are safe now- passwords changed, 2-dn authentication was turned on. Have removed Direct debit from my bank account and did change every debit card i had- for security reasons.  Fortunately i did all of above mentioned in 10 minutes, since i found that happening.

I was able to act quickly, since was working from my laptop at that time, the only laptop i use for my Paypal access. 

I did open case 3 times for exact transaction, but Paypal refused to resolve it. They do write that my transaction was authorized, each time.

They did write regarding my case- 

We've completed our review of your unauthorised activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorised use.

Now, after 3rd appeal i got a message from paypal-  We're initiating the closure of your PayPal account.

I even did contact police and did write a report.  Contacted Shopto.net through their chat- and informed about unauthorized charge- they refused to help and told to contact paypal.

Thats not the solution i was seeking 😞 I just want my stolen money back.

Afterwards I found that other have similar problems:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Frauded-by-Shopto-net/td-p/2460006

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Paypal-denied-unauthotised-payment-to-s...

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Another-victim-of-Shopto-and-unauthoriz...

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Shopto-net-Paypal-Unauthorised-Payment/...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Kostja123
Contributor
Contributor

I got refund for that fraudulent transaction. 

It was bizarre-  i need to open a case ant then appeal that 5 times.

PayPal even did close my PayPal account- and i need appeal that also and to ask reinstall my account back. 

So.. all good now. I am happy and there is no feeling, as i had before,  like i got robbed.

Definitely will never use direct debit to papal anymore and will make credit card for my purchases.

Login to Me Too

Kingstley

Now the same thing happend to me 2x49,99eur purchase, i am waiting what will be paypals move.
I am calling the bank tomorow. 

😞

Login to Me Too

Kostja123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I can help you to prevent that in future and clean your pc from malware you got- you have downloaded and installed some bad files to your pc.

Also block all credit cards and order new ones. Also- if you have saved passwords in google chrome- all saved passwords were stolen also!  

Clean yours pc from viruses first, install antivirus programs and then change all passwords you have! 

Clean yours pc.

Install and run- HitmanPro Advanced Malware Removal Tools - remove all threats.

Install and run- Malwarebytes AdwCleaner - remove all threats.

Install and run- Emsisoft Emergency Kit- remove all threats.

Then you need to install firewall and antivirus-

Install- Avast free Antivirus 

Install- Comodo Free Firewall . Only firewall, not antivirus.

That s it- after doing all previous steps- you can change all passwords now. And afterwards keep ON firewall and antivirus and never turn it of if you install some crappy files/software- it will save you from hacking again.

Paypal will refuse your Unauthorized claim, because all was done from your computer, from your IP address with yours saved passwords. They accepted my claim only on 5 th appeal ! Also check yours amazon if you have- they can start buying there, since all yours passwords were stolen.

Yo u can also add 2nd Authorization for account are important- paypal/ebay/amazon/banks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.