Unauthorised Automatic Payment from Mobapps Ltd

Me0103

I am seeing multiple people recently stating the same issue. I have. Reoccurring bill from VPN mobapps limited but when you email them it goes to fashion gurus. The only fashion app I had was Lumi. Which shows up on apple pay as $0.00 charges. I also emailed them to cancel my subscription. While back. I’ve emailed both Lumi and fashion did not respond. I believe this could be a scam as I also recently noticed last month my password for my Apple ID was chAnged which I don’t remember doing

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

justagirl71
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone figured out anything on this?  I have 2 charges from them and have no clue where they came from.  I think it is an ad I clicked on to learn more.  I see a .99 charge then @ charges for $49.99.  I know I would never agree to a $50 a month fee!

I have requested a full refund.  $101 total charges

Login to Me Too

draffey
Contributor
Contributor

VPN MOBAPPS LIMITED just took an automatic payment of $49.99 out of my account today and I have no idea who they are or how this was authorized.

Login to Me Too

Finnla
New Community Member
Help I think I have been scammed by a very confusing website MOBAPPS.. .. I did not authorize a 50.00 payment and I was just had a withdraw from PayPal to them
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Finnla

Welcome! Thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you've run into a confusing website recently. Normally, PayPal would consider a transaction unauthorized when when someone steals / fraudulently obtains the login information for your PayPal account, uses that information to access your PayPal account, and then sends a payment from your PayPal account. 

However, in situations where you grant previous authority to someone to use your PayPal account by giving them your login information, like in the case of giving it to a friend or family member or having it saved on your phone, mobile device, etc as a funding source for a billing agreement, you would normally be responsible for those charges unless you have previously notified PayPal that you no longer authorize transfers by that individual / entity.

If that's not the case here, and this is an unauthorized transaction, please open an unauthorized dispute through our Resolution Center at your earliest convenience. If you run into any issues there, please reach out to our Customer Support for assistance.

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

erin-berardi

Where did you find how to contact them?

Login to Me Too

Bsuther

Did you get your money back for the fradulent charges

Login to Me Too

P8nlady
Contributor
Contributor

Go to your Pay Pal.  Click on the wheel <settings> upper right hand side. 
Then click on <Payments>. 
Then Click on <Manage automatic payments>  

I had supposedly put them into the inactive file.  but they still charged me anyway.  I had changed all my banking accounts, so the account linked to this was attempted, and Pay Pal paid it so I now have a negative balance.  You are going to have to either take it up with PP or the company making the charge.

Login to Me Too

LisaA71
New Community Member

Could you please provide the email address

Login to Me Too

ZeldaFurst
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me! Why does PayPal continue to do business with these people? How do I get my 49 dollars back?
Login to Me Too

mwperes
Contributor
Contributor

I was charge $0.99 on July 20, 2022 and then monthly charged $19.99 from LUMI and VPN MOBAPPS LTD until I finally noticed it yesterday.  I have no record of signing up for any trial - which they said I did.  The trial was apparently for a fashion app, which would be entirely out of character for me, so I do not believe I signed up for anything on purpose - and in particular I would never pay $19.99/mo for fashion advice.  That is laughable.  I cannot figure out how I might have signed up by accident.  If anyone else has figured out what button they hit to get into this problem, I would like to know it.  There are a lot of people complaining about this same situation, so I suspect something nefarious.  I paid a total of $200.89.   

I emailed [Removed] and got feedback immediately.  Something fishy here, as they said I made a Trial Purchace on July 21, 2022 and they then sent me an invitation for the Lumi app.  Then they said "Unfortunately, we couldn’t find any accounts associated with this email ... In case you’ve got other email addresses that could have been used for registration, please let us know.  It would be even better if you could provide us with the first 6 and the last 4 digits of your credit card so we can find your account in the system. In case, the payment was made via PayPal, please also provide us with the email connected to your PayPal account."  Now I have a stronger smell of a rat than before.  How do they know exactly the date I signed up, and now can't find my account?  B. S. 

Another email on [Removed].  I will start emailling them and expect the same dissatisfaction.  Will also start disputes through PayPal and AMEX, plus submit a complaint to Better Business Bureau.  This is clearly fraud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.