Unauthorised Automatic Payment from Mobapps Ltd

Me0103

I am seeing multiple people recently stating the same issue. I have. Reoccurring bill from VPN mobapps limited but when you email them it goes to fashion gurus. The only fashion app I had was Lumi. Which shows up on apple pay as $0.00 charges. I also emailed them to cancel my subscription. While back. I’ve emailed both Lumi and fashion did not respond. I believe this could be a scam as I also recently noticed last month my password for my Apple ID was chAnged which I don’t remember doing

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Temp20230511w

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized payment that has taken place. If the payment was related to a subscription that you had previously authorized, you can learn how to cancel the subscription on our Help Center here: What is an automatic payment and how do I cancel or update one? If it was a brand new payment and someone logged into your account to make it, please reset your password and security questions immediately. Then, file an unauthorized dispute in our Resolution Center. To add another layer of security to your PayPal account, you can also set up 2-Step Verification

If you have any difficulty, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support. You can reach Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. Support is also available through Facebook Private Message, Instagram Direct Message, or Twitter Direct Message. 

I hope you receive a refund soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

lupicek
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I payed 0.99 for some fahison guide on May 18, and on May 21 they already charged me 69.99. I made a number of purchases back then and paid for a number of services, so I just thought it was another payment for something that I really bought. Same with the payment on August 19. Overlooked it among all other payments. However, this month I did not buy anything, so I got really surprised to see that automatic payment in November. I cancelled it immediately, unsubscribed, and wrote that Fashion Guru an angry email.

So, the November payement, cancelled on the same day it was automatically taken from my account, has already been refunded, as well as the August payment. As for the May payment, when I wrote that I am expecting that to be refunded as well, they replied: Please be informed that your request has been passed over to the appropriate team. Rest assured, they will check everything and get back to you with the most suitable solution.

I am sure this is some scam scheme, and I am really surprized PayPal does nothing about it.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience this situation is causing you.

Login to Me Too

yumadina
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thank you for the comment and can you share email? 

I have the same situtatuion but cannot find where to write

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @erin-berardi and @yumadina,

Thank you for visiting our community forum!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. You can find the details of the merchant in the original email receipt received when you made your purchase, and in the transaction details of your payment, located in your account Activity. You can also contact us by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

lupicek
Contributor
Contributor

It seems like the rules here do not allow to write email addresses and do not let post this answer if it contains an email address. However, I wrote at the email provided in the payment details in my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

neerja

Here is what I found, I've just written to them too: 

[Removed], [Removed]

Hope this help you 

Login to Me Too

Shaunanick1
What email did you write to ?
Login to Me Too

dsmathwig
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same experience! I had explored and spent the .99 for some fashion insights - actually, somehow I was charged .99 three times. I realized soon thereafter I didn't want to utilize their services, and decided to just absorb the .99 X 3. And then only a few days later I was charged $49.99!!! I was shocked and sent an immediate email but have received zero response. I did NOT subscribe! I would obviously prefer a refund, but I'm doubtful it'll happen. 

I had this happen with another website as well recently. So frustrating!

Login to Me Too

mwperes
Contributor
Contributor

Definitely file an unauthorized charge with PayPal.  They refunded me very quickly and it was easy to file.

Login to Me Too

Ivi68lu
New Community Member

I also tried to request a refund from the company (I sent 3 emails to VPN and Lumi), but without receiving any response. To request a refund directly from Paypal, however, I was unable to find a "reason" among those predefined by Paypal: there is no reason such as "I never asked to subscribe to the service and therefore the charge is not due". Which one did you use? Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.