Unauthorised Automatic Payment from an unknown company

Alibags
Contributor
Contributor

I have been charged £0.99 and £69.99 from an automatic payment I didn’t even know about. It’s from a company called Mobapps and when I looked at the apps available I have definitely not downloaded any of them. I’m also very careful about cancelling trial offers etc. I opened a dispute with PayPal but they answered very quickly that this is not an unauthorised payment. I have cancelled the automatic payment and I have emailed the company Mobapps Ltd asking for this money back but have not received a reply. What else can I do? This is a lot of money for no apparent product or service!

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Colooooo123
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, could you tell me how did you get in contact with paypal to dispute them? I could not find how to do it… I got charged $120 from it…
Login to Me Too

hippy_ade
Contributor
Contributor

So we worked out that it was Fashion Guru - so we contacted them but there is a contact us in PayPal also https://www.paypal.com/de/smarthelp/contact-us

Login to Me Too

desert_rose
Contributor
Contributor

Why has Paypal allowed  automatic payments ??? I just noticed this also, I hadn't noticed this before. I feel this leaves us all venerable.

I bought airline tickets for Lastminute.com, had a dispute about wrong names, they said i needed to approve payment of £115.00  to change to correct spelling, I refuse to pay and took it up with Ryanair who were willing to correct free of charge.

I did not give lastminute.com permission but I just see they  have gone ahead and billed me !!!! Even though names on tickets are still incorrect. 

I have now gone thought all my payments and removed this automatic system. 

Login to Me Too

Tsvete
Contributor
Contributor
Hello to all! I find out who was behind VPN mobapps who charged me first 0.99$ and after month 59,99$. That was Fashion Guru - I really paid 0.99$ for one time fashion guide and click on Non subscribe for others fashion plans they offered me. But in their contract when you buy this 0,99$ you automatically subscribe for plan on every 3 months. I wrote to them and after conversation they refund my money. I am so happy! So to know - vpn mobapps are some paravane for fashion guru so people can not remember where they pay in first place and who charge them now.
Login to Me Too

Hosty245
How did you stop the auto payment to them? I have the same.
Login to Me Too

koszika
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! How did you find out who was behind VPM Mobapps, cause same thing happened to me

Login to Me Too

KW456
I just found out that I am being charged $89.99/mo. I see a 99¢charge as well. I never heard of Fashion Guru. PayPal shows me being on a 9/mo payment plan with them fire 89.99/mo. That's a lot of money! If I don't get a refund, I will be reporting this as fraud to my bank.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @51226014,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I do understand your concern with this. Based on what you have explained, it sounds like this payment was part of an automatic payment. When you make a payment with some merchants, they will sign you up for an automatic payment. This means they can charge you for their services without you having to enter your details each time. 

I would suggest you follow the steps here to cancel any automatic payments you don't regularly use. Once you have done this, it would mean they can no longer charge you for their services.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Chardit26
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I paid 99 cents for something and have now had two larger deductions.

can’t remember the name of the website I clicked on!

PayPal said I authorised it but I didn’t. 

Login to Me Too

Eilis19
Contributor
Contributor
Can anyone give me the contact email for Fashion guru? I see unauthorised payments linked to this company through VPN MOBAPPS I have sent emails to the contact email but get ‘address not found’ automatic response. It seems I’m not alone in this particular type transaction.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.