Unable to resolve limitation

MRQuario
Contributor
Contributor
I have received a limitation since March and was limited for breaking the user agreement. When I was limited I got an email saying in 180 days I would have something telling me how to get my money. But I haven’t. How do I resolve my limitation.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MRQuario 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days.... the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MRQuario 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days.... the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MRQuario
Contributor
Contributor
Not all of those conditions in the second paragraph are true. Since this may show up in the search results for other users in the same situation it might be worth responding to all of them. Also at no point during the 180 days did I open a dispute.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MRQuario 

I didn't say you opened a dispute, i said they hold the funds in your paypal account in case someone files a dispute against YOU.

Everything in the second paragraph is correct.

Try reading it helps.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JattRulze
Contributor
Contributor

Any solution to recover my account when it's permanently limited because I don't understand why my account limited almost 4 months no reply from PayPal any other way how to recover my account and how to get my funds I have all proofs and legal documents I will give you all proofs if PayPal team wants I am really worried about my money. Unfortunately its my first experience with PayPal sorry to say its bad for me i never understand PayPal **bleep** policies I have all proofs or documents but I can't use my funds WTF its sound like joke please help me if anyone can just I want to know how I can get my funds quickly it's really very important for me. My business almost dead because of PayPal in covid season I dobt have any other source of income its my humble request please help me if you can PayPal not replying my email or live chat I am very disappointed from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Soibey
New Community Member
Hello Paypal community, kindly review my case, was limited for 180 days which has already elapsed and yet I got no email informing me on how to withdraw the funds. Kindly look into that, Reference ID: PP-L-256024781035
Login to Me Too

Angiemoffett
Hello I am unable to solve my limitations
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.