Unable to escalate PayPal dispute after filing under 'item not received'.

JamieWilkinson
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've recently had to open a dispute with a payment made to a seller that has blocked me after receiving payment and not sending what I'd ordered - essentially a scam. I've logged into my account after a week as the transaction was on the 4th Feb and I've had to wait to escalate the claim to PayPal. Due to the seller attempting fraud we have obviously been unable to come to a resolution or refund.

When opening the Resolution Centre I am unable to escalate the dispute to a claim and it says at the bottom, underneath the posted messages from myself and the seller, that the case will be auto-closed on the 20th February if we are unable to come to a resolution. The dispute opened was under 'item not received' and the current status of the dispute is 'need seller response'.

My concern is that if it isn't escalated then will the auto-closing of the case render me unable to get my money back? Or does it work where if the seller doesn't respond to the case is the dispute automatically resolved in my favour?

The seller hasn't responded since the day I opened the dispute on the 4th, I have posted proof that what they've claimed isn't truthful and I'm confident PayPal will decide in my favour, but I can't see an option to escalate and I'm worried that the case will end without me getting my money back if I can't do so by the 20th.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamieWilkinson 

The escalate option is not available until 7 days post payment.

If its still not showing and your dispute was for non receipt of item (and not unauthorised) then contact customer services to escalate it for you?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.