Unable to close account that has limitations

BPSSHB
New Community Member

Hi all, I have searched the forum & im unable to find an answer to my issue, here goes:- Having used PayPal without issue for over 10 years, my account has now been limited. PayPal want me to upload a Photo ID & utility bill in order to remove the limitations. I am not willing to supply this information & I want to close my account. PayPal won’t let me close my account until I have removed the limitations, which involves complying with the demands that are the reasons for wanting to close the account. I’m in a Catch22.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BPSSHB 

Sadly yes, the limitations stay until you verify your I.D as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-documents-can-i-upload-to-confirm-my-identity-(cip)...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BPSSHB 

Sadly yes, the limitations stay until you verify your I.D as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-documents-can-i-upload-to-confirm-my-identity-(cip)...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ynottony2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I cannot remove/delete my account and all my financial info and addresses.  I was never told to submit any ID from Paypal which is fine.  At this point, I don't want the account, after over 20 years of using the same account and it shut down and put on a limitation that can't be explained, it doesn't make me want to continue with them.  I have called customer service and it has been pretty useless to date.  How do I get this account removed the normal way using what the app allows? Do I have to go at this by other means on a higher level?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.