Unable to Withdraw funds I need form my Chemotherapy Session

Aileen5S
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal. 

I have a big problem which I hope you can help me solve as soon as possible: I got the following e-mail recently:

"You can no longer do business with PayPal. After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it. You'll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal. Any bank or credit card information that's linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be added to another account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive money. If you have funds in your PayPal balance, we'll hold it for up to 180 days. After that period, we'll email you with information on how to access your funds. We regret any inconvenience this may cause."

I have been prevented from withdrawing my PayPal funds into my bank account. I had already tried to link my bank account before, but I guess it did not succeed. GoGetFunding recommended PayPal, which is why I signed up for it in the first place. All the recent funds were from my GoGetFunding account.

They are donations because I had requested for financial assistance for my chemotherapy because I have ovarian cancer. I am scheduled to undergo my 3rd chemo session on Tuesday, and I really need this money, but your system is preventing me from withdrawing it or linking my PayPal account to my bank account. Most of the money sent were from friends and family and their friends.

I am unable to contact any PayPal administrative staff. You have my account details, so you can verify the legitimacy of my request. Check my Facebook and my GoGetFunding request - I will send you the link if you can't find my GoGetFunding.Com request, but please do not hold my funds indefinitely. Chemotherapy is not cheap and it is not a joke.

Please advise. Thank you.

Aileen

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aileen5S 

Your PayPal account has been permanently suspended and the funds are on hold for 6 months before you can withdrawal. PayPal will email you know when it is ok to withdrawal by email.

Contact customer services for further assistance and explain to them the money is urgent:

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

Click “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aileen5S 

Your PayPal account has been permanently suspended and the funds are on hold for 6 months before you can withdrawal. PayPal will email you know when it is ok to withdrawal by email.

Contact customer services for further assistance and explain to them the money is urgent:

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

Click “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Aileen5S
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker Thank you so much for clarifying this issue and for providing me with other channels to communicate with them. I will get in touch with them again regarding this. God bless...

Login to Me Too

Aileen5S
Contributor
Contributor

Update...

Dear PayPal:

Please help me resolve this issue. I tried calling customer service, and the CSR was helpful, but the problem still was not solved. If PayPal can hold my funds, it means that PayPal can also release my funds.

I have a Campaign on GoGetFunding, but its funds cannot move, because PayPal limited my account. I cannot even transfer the funds to my bank, until after 180 days. My chemotherapy session has been ongoing, and I need those donations. 3 of the donors in my GoGetFunding campaign are close, real-life friends, but I do not personally know the others. The PayPal CSR advised me to advise them to "file a dispute" so that they can get their donations back and send it to me through other means. But I think ther must be a way to remove the hold from my funds - after all if PayPal can hold my funds for 180 days, surely there must be a button which the PayPal administrator can press to release my funds?

PayPal, please stop being inhuman. My complaint is not the only one regarding this matter... I have seen on these forums similar complaints. You have our addresses and our contact details. What is the reason for your holding these funds???

Please fix this issue, PayPal. You are supposed to be a bridge between senders and receivers - not a wall.

Thank you. I hope this gets the attention of some senior PayPal administrator. 

Thank you.

~Aileen

Login to Me Too

Maverick12345
Contributor
Contributor

Why is PayPal still holding my money after 180- days? it's now 3 months since 180 days elapsed. Which criteria or reason do they have to continue holding someone else money?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Maverick12345

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues transferring funds out from your limited account. Normally, you should receive an email once your funds are available to withdraw after the 180 days has passed from the beginning of your limitation. If you have not received that email or you're unable to complete the steps to transfer funds out of your account, please reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.