Unable to Access account to withdraw funds to close paypal account because number expired.

AArmiger85
New Community Member

Hi, About more than a year ago a friend from spain had sent me $56 for shipping cost of a package i had to send him then PayPal restricted my account and sent mail saying im no longer allowed to use paypal. I tried asking and talking to no avail, they just refused full on. Then said they will keep the money for 180 days to see if there is any claim and then they will let me know to withdraw it. Then after the 180 days they send mail that im now allowed to withdraw. When i try to access it gave a message saying i need to reset my password for security reasons. When i try to do it, it wants to send a code to my old number that was attached to it in USA but the number has expired long ago since i moved from the USA and I am  now staying in South Africa. All attempts to contact support was in vain. I even contacted them on twitter then they didnt even reply. I tried calling the call center so many times but they refuse to help to update the number and dont understand that i immigrated and even though I opened it in USA and used my SSN and US ID for it I am now A South African Citizen and no longer use those. Is it that hard to understand? Can someone please just help me to get the small money withdrawn and then Ill be on My way and never want to hear the word paypal again. Please

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AArmiger85 

I very much doubt you can withdraw funds from a U.S paypal account if you are no longer in that country.

You may need to contact customer services for advice.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.