Uber BV Payments What are they?!

beansvicki
New Community Member

I've had a payment taken today for Uber BV. I've never used Uber so i have No idea what this is for. I raised a dispute but its been closed straight away stating it's not an unauthorised transaction. When i looked further it appears this is the 4th payment!! Doea anyone have any idea what Uber BV, what I'm paying for and who i need to speak to? TIA

Login to Me Too
83 REPLIES 83

normderby
Contributor
Contributor
I found this problem today. Approx 5 times since April 10th adding up to over £100? Never caught Uber ever! Please help!
Login to Me Too

normderby
Contributor
Contributor
Also it's a pre approved payment . What's that exactly. Is it when you use your phone to pay as I've never done that either
Login to Me Too

andygerbil68

If you use Uber Eats and pay with paypal then this is how it appears on your paypal statement.

Login to Me Too

andygerbil68

If you use Uber Eats and pay with paypal then this is how it appears on your paypal statement.

Login to Me Too

Ambtrav
New Community Member
We have noticed twice in 6 months uber eats have not taken from the money from our account when we have ordered and are wondering if its related to this?? Strange and very inconvenient that uber have such a long time between transaction and collecting the money from the buyers account! Frustrating!
Login to Me Too

AngryCustomer13
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me. Paypal doesn't give a **bleep** about their customers. This has been going on for years and the problem hasn't been adressed or resolved. Total **bleep** Paypal!!!

Login to Me Too

Butterflyrdc
Contributor
Contributor
£15.37 taken today. I have not ordered from Uber in months - definitely not good and I bought a car 2 months ago and so certainly not a taxi either. Do people get refunded? I have removed Uber on automatic payments.
Login to Me Too

Butterflyrdc
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted Uber and they do not recognise the transaction so PayPal need to be telling us who these payments are going too and why after so many complaints they are not stopping them! Why are they refusing refunds saying it’s an authorised transaction. Very dodgy if you ask me!
Login to Me Too

Butterflyrdc
Contributor
Contributor
I have been disputing this with Uber on Twitter and they refused to look into it despite me giving them a transaction I.d from PayPal. I asked for their complaints procedure they would not give me that. I asked c.a.b they said to write to them but try finding a contact with an address! I have emailed the ceo but don’t expect a response
Login to Me Too

Mariano14
Contributor
Contributor
No worries about this payments. This payments are from Uber Eats orders, this happens to me today and I checked and i confirm is the same value i order from Subway.It’s correct.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.