Uber BV Payments What are they?!

beansvicki
New Community Member

I've had a payment taken today for Uber BV. I've never used Uber so i have No idea what this is for. I raised a dispute but its been closed straight away stating it's not an unauthorised transaction. When i looked further it appears this is the 4th payment!! Doea anyone have any idea what Uber BV, what I'm paying for and who i need to speak to? TIA

Login to Me Too
83 REPLIES 83

MSAB
Worst of all the card this payment was made to is not added to my PayPal account, so someone added it in his account and used it
Login to Me Too

Jengardner
New Community Member
After finding one and investigating from my bank, to PayPal and to purchase emails I found that this was indeed a food order through uber eats. First time taken like this though. Will keep an eye but I'm quite sure it's uber eats
Login to Me Too

T-Dog69
Contributor
Contributor

The last entry was in 2020 so I'm not sure if anyone has answered this, however I was seeing deductions from my account under the heading Uber BV only to realise that this was for a "Uber Eats" purchase.  I hope my post helped someone resolve a worrying issue.

Login to Me Too

Joseph_L
New Community Member

I had 2 unauthorized charges, then I reported to Paypal and they didn't refund/resolve me anything, despite of they already know that Uber BV makes fraudulent charges. untill now 357 paypal users same case just in Paypal commuity, plus other non-paypal users. Now, don't feel safe with my paypal account and not helped.

Login to Me Too

Butterflyrdc
Contributor
Contributor
I tried arguing this with Uber. I just got stupid repetitive responses then they refused to look into it.
Login to Me Too

louee73
I have had £234 taken unauthorised fro. My bank sometimes £30 - £40 a day, some multiple charges! I have NEVER used PayPal for Uber Eats. I made a complaint they refunded all the charges and immediately reversed it, I transferred the money immediately back into my bank. Now PayPal are hounding me for a negative £234 they now say I owe them. I am disabled and on benefits and now they will probably send debt collectors after me for money I never authorised and they ripped me off for. Absolutely disgusting, I'm ill and suffer severe with anxiety and depression
Login to Me Too

Temp20220922F
Contributor
Contributor

I thought they were fraudulent too, but its linked to Uber Eats (I assumed it was someone using my account to order Uber taxi's!!) - so check if you've authorised payment for Uber Eats through your paypal account - I checked orders on my Uber Eats account, and saw they were the same as what had been coming off my paypal.

Login to Me Too

Peter342
New Community Member

Me too, £1.86 and £11.20 on 13th Jan. No idea what these are. Do you think PayPal ever look at these comments? If so many people are having the same problem, it is clearly a problem!

Login to Me Too

Xander_PJ

I've just had this issue! Uber BV have just charged me £37!! I haven't used any of their services for weeks, not only that but i'm almost certain that i don't even have my paypal connected to Uber anymore as i use direct bank transfer... i requested for a dispute and they closed it immediately saying that theres nothing unusual about the transaction... so i've just lost almost £40.

Login to Me Too

Pablo165
Contributor
Contributor
I have the exactly same problem, I just received a charge by Uber BV and realized that I have 5 more of them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.