UPS insured package damaged buyer never told me tell after 4 days of delivery

LuckyOne123
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a very large dollar amount of Audio gear with UPS overnight with $10k Insurance and buyer received package and signed for it on a Monday night and then told me the Audio gear was not working for 4 days trying to figure out the overall problem thought it was a Windows 11 driver issue. Then the buyer says to me  “I like you you so I will do you a favor and file a claim” since the box was damaged. I was confused because for 4 days he never told me anything about it then showed me the damaged box 🫣

So he filed a claim UPS and we are waiting tell Thursday 18th for the outcome. The money is released and still in my PayPal account, but I’m scared on getting the short end. 

Thank you for your help and reply 

90A10F63-2724-4A89-98BF-D89368E1F05E.jpeg34DA32CC-6341-4868-AEED-3E431FC601EC.jpeg

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LuckyOne123 

1) Don’t spend the money just yet cos there is likely potential for you to accept a return for a refund. UPS could take one look at that and not pay out if it is not packaged securely in their view.

2) Always double box such items. A used Amazon box won’t do.
3) Consider giving a meaningful discount or otherwise return for a refund to resolve, if UPS won’t rejects claim.

4) If you exacerbate the situation to the point buyer files chargeback with their bank or card issuer, you could experience full loss money & item.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LuckyOne123
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply and I did double box the main audio equipment. The one in green bubble wrap is the power supply $2.5k, but the DAC was double boxed and not working is my problem. So for them to say it’s a box issue which was perfect when it left my house.  

So a buyer going through PayPal can just not tell the seller of damaged item upon delivery? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.